Irfanview

papajoe

I just bought my first digital camera last week, and I want to store my pics properly so that I will have dates and other essential info in future. I want to try to get started properly so that I don't have to redo things again later on.

I am storing the photos that I have taken to date in Picasa2. This is a great program; however, when I burn the images to a CD, I lose all of the captions or labels. From some reading that I have done, it seems that I need a different program that will retain the labels somewhere on the image (dates, names, etc.) for future reference.

I have searched around a bit for a free program, and from some of the past comments in this forum, people seem to like Irfanview.

Question: Would Irfanview be a good SW program for me to get started with?

Thanks

I guess that it would have been much simpler if I had just said that I wanted to enter text right on the photo image.

However, I have downloaded Irfanview and played around with one of the images. It has allowed me to enter the text right onto the photo, and that is what I am interested in doing. So it looks as though Ifranview will suit my needs.

I'll take a look at ACDSee. I have read that a good program for this purpose (for $50) is Breezebrowser.

Thanks for the helpful comments.