Registry.ini to add more options?

Disk4mat

Just like the winapp2.ini I can add more sections and programs to scan, is there an ini file so that I can add more scanning options & sections to the registry cleaner?

No, I'm afraid that isn't possible.

Besides, you can't simply add keys the way you edit the wininit.ini and expect that to successfully replace or modify the complex algorithms used by a registry cleaner. That's best left to the programming team...

Missing application locations (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\)

Shell Folders (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders)

User Folders (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders)

These aren't registry keys that strike me as absolutely vital to include. Take for example Shell Folders, which stores the path to the default location of special Windows folders.

Now this of course commonly read by third party applications, but it is rarely written to...

IMHO CCleaner's registry cleaner forte lies in the fact that, although it's relatively 'benign', it still does an outstanding job removing orphaned registry keys while producing an absolute minimum of "false positives".