Laptop Kapow!

So i was running a defrag on my laptop and it went blank. then everytime i tried to boot it up, it wouldnt let me. i have the vista disks, but after messing with them for the last 6 months, im going out and purchasing windows xp for laptop and installing it. i just found that with a laptop so much more advanced then my desktop, it should be a lot faster, but it was actually a touch slower if anything. so im going to get the xp in the hopes of a quicker system. as well, for the odd time that the software wouldnt work on vista it just started to annoy me. i think i gave it a good long chance, but its just not for me right now. maybe in a year or maybe ill wait till the next os comes out.

if microsoft wants to make some more money, they should sell a cheaper slimmed down, tuned up version of xp with a few modern toys. all the major add ons and memory hogging is just too much for vista. and the price is out of control.

ill post again when i get my laptop up and going. cause im also hoping it helps me with some printer/shared folder issues. :)

• Moderators

Sorry to hear about your problems, especially having to spend more good money.

I was wondering if you buy all your computer stuff from the same shop. If you do, then you're a valued customer and it might be worth telling them the lousy time you've had since buying your laptop, and is there any chance of them installing XP on it for you.

I've got this motto, if you don't ask, you don't get, and over the years I've gotten all sorts of favours and discounts simply by being polite, and asking. You never know you're luck.

meh. no hardware problems, just something i did to the operating system. decided to go with the vista again (otherwise id pay a couple hundred for the xp, which i thought i could put the money in a better place for) and got it reinstalled. everything is back to normal again. going with a more minimalist system, without adding a lot of programs and such.

thanks for the suggestion DennisD. Maybe ill try next time.....