C Cleaner.... complete beginner ....please help !

Bristol Blue

I was recommended C Cleaner as my PC has been running slower and slower. My only concern is knowing what I should be agreeing to delete i.e. what boxes on the left I should be 'ticking'. I want to lose the 'rubbish' but is there a danger I can lose important files or programmes during the process ? Paranoia.... :o !

Any help or advice gratefully received - cheers

Click Here

Have a read, come back with any more questions.

BTW, there are many reasons a computer can slow down. Excess junk files is just one. What I'm saying is, don't be surprised if running CCleaner doesn't solve the problem, though it might.

I was recommended C Cleaner as my PC has been running slower and slower. My only concern is knowing what I should be agreeing to delete i.e. what boxes on the left I should be 'ticking'. I want to lose the 'rubbish' but is there a danger I can lose important files or programmes during the process ? Paranoia.... :o !

Any help or advice gratefully received - cheers

I am not a computer expert.....but, have learned from trial and error. Use the cleaner don't analyze just run cleaner. it is totally safe, you will not lose any programs. CCleaner used to be called Crap Cleaner and that is what it does. cleans the crap out of your computer. Leave all the boxes checked as when you first installed it and you will have no worries.......After you run the cleaner.....click on the blue cube (with mini cubes) icon and click on scan for issues......if the"re are any issues.....click on fix selected issues.......then fix all issues.....when pop up says are you sure? CLICK YES with confidence.....NO WORRIES....NOW RESTART COMPUTER.....IT SHOULD RUN FASTER. END OF BEGINNING LESSON.

GLEN

PS I HAVE DONE THIS FOR SEVERAL FRIENDS MYSELF AND I ALWAYS MADE THEIR COMPUTER RUN FASTER....