Not Enough MSN Contacts?

ishan_rulz

Not enough contacts? Publish your personal "Add me" button

Not enough contacts? Publish your personal

dwergs says:

Microsoft has just launched a "button builder" website, which allows you to create a personal "Add me to Messenger" button for your blog, website, online profile or e-mail signature.

After selecting your favorite style, color and message, a personal code snippet will be generated, and from a dropdown menu you'll be able to obtain instructions on how to add it to Blogger, Facebook, Outlook 2003/2007, MSN/Windows Live Hotmail, Windows Live Mail Beta, Windows Live Spaces, MySpace and whatnot. When a visitor of your page then clicks the button, Messenger's "Add a contact" window will appear with your Messenger address pre-filled out.

The idea is not exactly new, because I've seen it before on our Belgian MSN portal. But the new site does offer a few more customisation options. And at the moment, the four messages are only available in English but I've been told localized versions of the button builder are expected.

windows live messenger buttons

Note that it'll only work with Internet Explorer (not with Firefox or Opera), and that Windows Live Messenger has to be running for the window to pop up. It won't work with the recently released MSN Messenger 7.0 either.

TIP: In the provided code, replace "add" with "chat" if you want the button to instantly fire up a conversation with you. Check this FAQ(http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/idx/0/139/article/Are_there_any_HTML_codes_that_integrate_MSN_Messenger.html) for more info on these codes.

>> Create your customized Windows Live Messenger button here.

http://www.gowindowslive.com/Messenger/Button/Default.aspx

Simplicity is hard.

its not for Windows Messenger .. its Windows LIVE Messenger .. BIG DIFFERENCE .. :)

OK "Windoz Live Messenger" It only works with "Internet Explorer" = security risk!