IBM office Suite Free

login123

From a Wall Street Journal article:

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB1190...ODAxNzg1Wj.html

Today [18 September 2007], IBM plans to post on the Internet a package of its own software with applications that square off against components of Microsoft's ubiquitous Office suite -- a word processor to rival Word, a spreadsheet to go up against Excel and business-presentation software as an alternative to PowerPoint.

I have downloaded it, 137 MB :blink: , have not yet booted it up, will report if and when. It's called IBM Lotus Symphony.

Download is available at:

http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.jspa

Be warned, they ask a lot of questions to register, downright nosy in fact, and there are about 25 pages of EULAS.

edit: The download process looks and feels different for this site, too.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Yeah you can dump that turd of a program. :P

Its so bad I wouldn't use it if they paid me too. :lol:

Dennis if all you need is a basic word processor then look into abiword or openoffice. Abiword is pretty nice and is a small basic word processor.(has more features then works.) And openoffice is of course a whole replacement.

--------

The reviews of this lotus thing I've read havent been good. Most have said its worse then just plain openoffice.

I cant try it now but I will soon.

IBM is backing OpenOffice.org.

Full Article Here

IBM has gotten so much from the OpenOffice.org office suite to enhance its own products that the company has decided to finally give back in a big way: It's joining the open-source project and will contribute code, developers and other resources for free.

In an announcement Monday, IBM said that by joining the effort directly, it hopes to develop feature enhancements and help push broader adoption of the OpenDocument format (ODF) standard used in the suite.