Memory usage bug

Alcyon

Hello !

I lose a great numbers of files (2000 or more) with a bug caused by another software. Approxmatively 90Go of data loss.

I decided to test recuva in his final version 1.04.104.

I selected the files i wanted and push the button ... and some minutes later recuva stop.

i checked the result and only a small nmber of my files was recover.

I decided to retry and monitor at the same time the task manager. i chose only 30 or 40 files to recover and this time it work !

BUT the memory usage was climbing ! every files restored seem staying in main memory ! and the restoration process stop when memory is full ! (approx 2.5 G swap file)

so i workarounded by restoring group of 30 or 40 files accordind to the 2.5Go limite ! exit the sofware, wait 30 second..(the memory usage return free) and re-lauch recuva .. etc etc.

Recuva don't release the memory when a file is restored ! so you can't use if you want to recover files with a size > 2.5go !

If a solution, like release the memory when a file is recover before process the next one, is found...it can help using recuva to recover a whole hard drive !

Hello !

I lose a great numbers of files (2000 or more) with a bug caused by another software. Approxmatively 90Go of data loss.

I decided to test recuva in his final version 1.04.104.

I selected the files i wanted and push the button ... and some minutes later recuva stop.

i checked the result and only a small nmber of my files was recover.

I decided to retry and monitor at the same time the task manager. i chose only 30 or 40 files to recover and this time it work !

BUT the memory usage was climbing ! every files restored seem staying in main memory ! and the restoration process stop when memory is full ! (approx 2.5 G swap file)

so i workarounded by restoring group of 30 or 40 files accordind to the 2.5Go limite ! exit the sofware, wait 30 second..(the memory usage return free) and re-lauch recuva .. etc etc.

Recuva don't release the memory when a file is restored ! so you can't use if you want to recover files with a size > 2.5go !

If a solution, like release the memory when a file is recover before process the next one, is found...it can help using recuva to recover a whole hard drive !

as before, you might try an earlier version of recuva, as earlier versions seem to work better in many ways for some people than the newer versions

earlier versions can be found here:

http://filehippo.com/download_recuva/

http://www.filevolution.com/recuva/

...1.01 works best (does full recovery with no errors) for me