CCleaner removes my "recent folders" info

jimkroger

I use a shareware program called folder express, which allows me to open recently visited folders. This is my main navigation tool for years now. CCleaner must be emptying something out or deleting something, probably some kind of history. But I don't know what, nor how to figure it out.

Does anybody know how Windows keeps track of where it's been? I don't know if it's something in Folder Express getting deleted, or in Windows, that is causing the problem....

Thanks for any help,

Jim

I use a shareware program called folder express, which allows me to open recently visited folders. This is my main navigation tool for years now. CCleaner must be emptying something out or deleting something, probably some kind of history.

Try unticking the 'Recent documents' box under the cleaners Windows tab, that might work. If not Folder Express may be storing its history in a temp file that CCleaner cleans so if that doesn't work you could see if unticking 'Temporary files' under the Windows tab also.

Try unticking the 'Recent documents' box under the cleaners Windows tab, that might work. If not Folder Express may be storing its history in a temp file that CCleaner cleans so if that doesn't work you could see if unticking 'Temporary files' under the Windows tab also.

Thanks much for the reply. I followed your suggestions, and also unchecked "windows log files". Hope that works.

It's not actually just the folder express, it's Microsoft Word, Excel, Acrobat, and lots of programs that show you a list of recent documents in the File menu, so you can easily open recently worked-on documents. All that history is all gone once I run CCleaner.

Folder Express is pretty uncommon but I'd think lots of people must have the problem with Word and Excel...?

Thanks again, I'll see how that goes.

Jim

Thanks much for the reply. I followed your suggestions, and also unchecked "windows log files". Hope that works.

It's not actually just the folder express, it's Microsoft Word, Excel, Acrobat,

Then you simply need to untick the CCleaner entries for each of those programs.