Firefox 3 cookies

ganem

I've been trying alphas of Firefox 3 and noticed that CCleaner does not seem to clean cookies for it. Also, in the Options/Cookies menu, the cookies that I do have are not shown at all. I am using Firefox 3.0a8pre, CCleaner v2.00.491, and Windows XP. I am not sure if this is a bug, a problem with my computer, or if Firefox has changed its cookie handling on us. If it is a Firefox change, CCleaner will eventually have to be updated in the next few months.

Since the program is in Alpha (as Gran Paradiso), they probably haven't implemented cleaning it yet. It is either that, or it is a bug with beta2.

Do you know if it was cleaned with the old version of CCleaner (1.41.544) ???

AJ

I've been trying alphas of Firefox 3 and noticed that CCleaner does not seem to clean cookies for it. Also, in the Options/Cookies menu, the cookies that I do have are not shown at all. I am using Firefox 3.0a8pre, CCleaner v2.00.491, and Windows XP. I am not sure if this is a bug, a problem with my computer, or if Firefox has changed its cookie handling on us. If it is a Firefox change, CCleaner will eventually have to be updated in the next few months.

FF3 is still in alpha, its highly unlikely CCleaner will clean it until it's actually released. You are cleaning an alpha version of FF with a beta version of CCleaner though, you didn't seriously expect it to work without a problem.

Since the program is in Alpha (as Gran Paradiso), they probably haven't implemented cleaning it yet. It is either that, or it is a bug with beta2.

Do you know if it was cleaned with the old version of CCleaner (1.41.544) ???

AJ

It didn't clean the cookies with the old version of CCleaner--that's why I moved to try the beta version,actually.

FF3 is still in alpha, its highly unlikely CCleaner will clean it until it's actually released. You are cleaning an alpha version of FF with a beta version of CCleaner though, you didn't seriously expect it to work without a problem.

I thought it was worth a try. Sometimes Firefox features stay exactly the same between versions, sometimes they don't. If I remember correctly, when I first tried the FF alpha months ago, it worked and then sometime later it stopped working. I guess I will just wait for regular releases and then see if I still have problems.