IE7

craigathus

Hi guys B)

Today IE7 has started loading "Internet Explorer: Get It Now" page at startup instead of my normal home page.

If I check to see what my home page is in "Internet Options" my normal home page is the only one listed.

SpyBot S&D has a list of start and search pages IE7 uses, however the one mentioned above is not in the list.

Any one know what to do? :blink:

• Moderators

Did you recently upgrade to IE7? If so it may just be that dumb settings page that they put in.

You just have to pick your setting and then it will eventually just take you to your homepage when you see the button.

Hi Glenn & rridgely B)

Thanks for the replies, every thing seems to be back to normal.

After checking "Internet Options" and anything els I could think of, I ran CCleaner with "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours" unchecked.

I'm not sure if that fixed the problem, however after doing that and rebooting Windows, things are back to normal.

I first noticed the problem after launching a 2nd IE7 "multitasking" I guess, two browsers running at the same time.

I've been using IE7 for about 5 months.

Is it worth doing a "HJT" and posting it?

Not sure if this means much, IE7 was starting with the wrong page, however clicking the home page button still took me to my proper home page.