D-Link router wireless setup problem - need help!

Stephen

I just replaced my router - going to the D-Link DIR655. Setup worked fine for my desktop. However, I'm having an issue with my laptop. The laptop finds the wireless network connection, says the signal strength is excellent, and shows it as connected. However, when I try to open the internet, I get an error message that I'm not connected to the internet. I've tried to follow the directions in the manual - to no avail. HELP!

I just replaced my router - going to the D-Link DIR655. Setup worked fine for my desktop. However, I'm having an issue with my laptop. The laptop finds the wireless network connection, says the signal strength is excellent, and shows it as connected. However, when I try to open the internet, I get an error message that I'm not connected to the internet. I've tried to follow the directions in the manual - to no avail. HELP!

Update: I hardwired the laptop to the router using an ethernet cable, and that worked fine. I updated the router's firmware. The wireless still won't work. I ran ipconfig /all. It gave me an IP physical address that is a series of 5 sets of 2 characters, which doesn't look right. It also said "IP Routing enabled - No" and "WINS Proxy enabled - No". Is this right? How do I get a valid IP address, gateway, and DNS address?

I had wireless problems with my wirless modem but i found out they gave me a cd to install the drivers on to my system and it worked

Please go

START

RUN

CMD

TYPE - IPCONFIG

write down what it says and post back into this forum

And also

please go

START

RUN

CMD

NETSTAT