Adaware is not vista compatable?

lotse

I got an email from Lavasoft today. It makes for interesting reading.

The first in relation to Vista. If this is the case, what have they released now?!

In order to support your need to control what products secure your computer and protect your privacy, Lavasoft is planning to deliver a Vista compatible version (32-bit) of Ad-Aware 2007 in the end of August.

The second is a comparison with XP and Vista

An analyst at IDC expects that it will take about five years for Vista to be installed on the vast majority of computers, which is the time it took for XP to reach 84 percent of PCs, according to a recent CNN article.

Obviously XP was about as popular then, as Vista is now :rolleyes:

The full article:

http://www.lavasoft.com/company/newsletter...1/article3.html

;)

• Moderators
Obviously XP was about as popular then, as Vista is now :rolleyes:

There were allot of self-professed "security experts" back then that stated it was the spy-OS and would spy on you, turn your cat into a slobbering dog and vice-versa, and on and on.

It was because of things like the activation process. People in general don't trust Microsoft, so if MS does one thing to even protect their software/OS by making it have to be activated of course many people will see them as the "Great American Software Satan."

Many commercial software titles nowadays require Internet activation, the days of just inputting the license key aren't over yet but are slowly being phased out.

I'm no fan of Vista due to all the compatibility issues, umpteen confusing builds, and I have no desire to ever really use it. I however suppose eventually it may or will phase out WinXP due to it being forced upon people, i.e.; computer manufacturers not offering anything else. Then again something newer they're working on could phase out both the flop Vista and XP.