recycle bin error

Hi I've just downloaded CCleaner and cannot run CCleaner when I right click on the recycle bin. Any suggestions for a new user?

Be aware of this:

Running CCleaner from recycle bin menu, then CCleaner does all the work in... hidden mode.

For bring CCleaner visible must select "Open CCleaner", not Run.

:)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Be aware of this:

Running CCleaner from recycle bin menu, then CCleaner does all the work in... hidden mode.

For bring CCleaner visible must select "Open CCleaner", not Run.

Thanks for the advice, I just thought it was possible to empty the recycle bin without opening the full programme, at least that is what is implied on the website, but if you can't see what is happening ie hidden mode then how do you know when it's working / finished?.

Thanks for the advice, I just thought it was possible to empty the recycle bin without opening the full programme

Indeed the recycle bin will be emptied by CCleaner. If the option is activated in CCleaner setup, of course.

(must check 'Empty Recycle Bin' entry in Cleaner dialog box, Tab Windows, Category System)

Then put a file in Recycle Bin, run CCleaner from recycle bin menu, and you will see the effect :)

, at least that is what is implied on the website, but if you can't see what is happening ie hidden mode then how do you know when it's working / finished?.

Trusting in CCleaner :P

Edit: Seriously, running CCleaner from Recycle Bin menu, users have no way to see what's happening.

For this reason, is reccomended to use this option only when user is enough familiar with the program.

Quick Tour

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy