Any freeware Photo Story recommendations?

JDPower

Have just been having a bit of a play with todays Giveaway of the Day, Wondershare Photo Story Platinum, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a similar freeware program.

That program is ok, range of output formats is nice but its a bit limited on the effects/transitions side. Am gonna give MS's PhotoStory a try but thought I'd ask if anyone uses any others?

(Never felt the need for a program like that before but that one has got me interested now :rolleyes: )

• Moderators

Been using MS Photostory 3 for quite some time. My daughter also uses it for sending holiday photos etc to her mates by email.

If I can make one observation, we discovered that if you save your photostory in the "send your story in an email" format, you end up with a small file with a small image that's not very impressive.

We've been using the "play back on your pc" save option as it gives a much more impressive result, and can still be attached to an email.

The last one I sent my son was 800X600 and weighed in at 5mb.

Of course if you made a HUGE photostory, you might have to use the email option.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators

MS photostory is pretty good. Before the latest version of that came out I used windows movie maker to make them(its ok, but it crashes every now and then). Picasa by google can make slide shows too but I never really tried it for real.