Passwords

Can anyone tell me if it possible to use CCleaner without losing my passwords???????

Gerald

Go to Options>Cookies, select the cookie for the site you want to save the password for (in the 'Cookies to delete' box) and click the arrow button to move it to the 'Cookies to keep' side

I thought it was the "auto complete form history" button that has to be unchecked.

I Clear all my cookies everyday and I have never lost my passwords.

Could be either, but cookies is the one that most commonly comes up. From the beginners guide:

Cookies

Cookies are small text files that Web sites save on your computer to help your browsers remember specific information. For example, they might store your username and password.

Autocomplete Form History

When you type in a username and password on a webpage, IE frequently prompts you to select whether you'd like it to remember these details for next time. Whilst this is very useful and may save you time logging in. It can be a security risk as other people will be able to log in from your computer. Selecting this option with remove any stored usernames and passwords.

I should add that on some sites now, I have to type the first letter of my log-on name before the name appears on a drop down list, I then select it, and the password follows...

Maybe thats where cookies might help for me...

Go to Options>Cookies, select the cookie for the site you want to save the password for (in the 'Cookies to delete' box) and click the arrow button to move it to the 'Cookies to keep' side

I went to Options/Cookies and did as you suggested, and I am pleased to say that it works perfectly. Thank you all for your help. I am one happy man....

Gerald :lol::lol::lol::lol: