netscape 9 beta

rridgely

• Moderators

They just released a new beta of netscape 9. Guess what it is?

Its basically a rebranded firefox 2. On the plus side because of that firefox extensions are compatible but why use this if you already use firefox? I don't know.

It does have some sort of friends activity thing that I can't use because none of my friends use this. I'm not even sure what the point is. The default theme is pretty ugly too.

I cant really say much more.. its basically the same as firefox. You can download it here if you want though:

http://browser.netscape.com/

LOL I just noticed that you can get all of the netscape changes as firefox extensions(there are links on their page).

So if your interested and you use firefox you might as well just get the extensions.

• Moderators

Using it at the moment.

Toolbars have a very cluttered look, but as this thing seems to be infinitely configureable, should be able to improve on that, and it seems pretty quick.

Nothing here that would make me change from Firefox, but there are a lot of features here that may appeal to some.

• Moderators

I don't like the green color or the buttons but I do like that it combines the restart/stop buttons.

Give it a try I guess but you would honestly get the same thing by just installing their extensions.