Adblock Plus and Thunderbird

Anthony A

I haven't tried but I doubt it. The reason I don't think so is because the ads are just text so I don't see how it could.

Try it though.

I think I will try it. I cab install ABP in Thunderbird no problem but how do I add a filter? In Firefox you just go to the filter page and click on the one you want and it installs automatically. How do you do this with Thunderbird? I guess I have to do it manually by selecting "add filter subscription" and than enter the info. I will have to play around with it for a while.

If it doesn't block those annoying Yahoo and Hotmail adds whats the point of using it with Thunderbird? Many do use it since it's one of the top extensions on the Thunderbird addons site.

I'm not sure. I use thunderbird but I've never really installed extensions for it.(I use it for the spellchecking)

Installing extensions is a little different than Firefox. If you just left click the link it will install the extension in Firefox not Thunderbird. You need to right click and save link as. Than open Thunderbird and the addons manager and click install. Than navigate to the file you saved and open it.