willnot hold homepage

todd g

I used the new version of CCleaner. Under cleaner I used everything under,IE, Windows explorer, system. I also did a registry clean. My problem is firefox and IE will not hold my home page. Under tools-options-set homepage my home page is listed there which is my yahoo. Every time I open my browser my homepage does not come up, the yahhoo sign in page does is, Opera is the only one with this is not happening to. Help!!!

Should be pretty straightforward. Website specific website preferences are retained by small files called cookies. They are created every time you visit most websites, log in to same, or change preferences in same. Open CCleaner. Click "options" then "cookies". There are two lists; one on the left to be deleted, one on the right to be saved (A whitelist). Look to see what's there, then close CCleaner. Log in to your homepage. Open the cookies section of CCleaner again. You should see a new cookie to do with Yahoo. Drag it into the whitelist area. Problem solved.

(The reason cookie cleaning is an option is that some cookies basically have spyware-like properties, but are easily deleted.)

Should be pretty straightforward. Website specific website preferences are retained by small files called cookies. They are created every time you visit most websites, log in to same, or change preferences in same. Open CCleaner. Click "options" then "cookies". There are two lists; one on the left to be deleted, one on the right to be saved (A whitelist). Look to see what's there, then close CCleaner. Log in to your homepage. Open the cookies section of CCleaner again. You should see a new cookie to do with Yahoo. Drag it into the whitelist area. Problem solved.

(The reason cookie cleaning is an option is that some cookies basically have spyware-like properties, but are easily deleted.)

didn't work.Something in CCleaner has screwed up my computer

didn't work.Something in CCleaner has screwed up my computer

It's quite possibly unscrewable. Need a bit more info. What checkboxes have you ticked in CCleaner "windows" and "applications"?

Did you try a scan as suggested above?