Can't get CC to my toolbar

Hannah828

At one point i had CC on my toolbar and I could easily access it right from there. Now..

A: All of my icons have dissapeared from my start up window and

B: I can't even get into cc without going to start.

Anybody have this problem?

Untick 'User assist history' under CCleaners advanced section (and if you don't understand what the advanced section does untick ALL under that section and have a read of the CCleaner Beginners Guide HERE)

Untick 'User assist history' under CCleaners advanced section (and if you don't understand what the advanced section does untick ALL under that section and have a read of the CCleaner Beginners Guide HERE)

I'm sorry for being a numb newb, but I am not getting it. There is no user assist history in my version of CC

The beginners guide does not give me this info either. I simply want to move it to my toolbar in my startup menu so i can use it more frequently.

I'm sorry for being a numb newb, but I am not getting it. There is no user assist history in my version of CC

The beginners guide does not give me this info either. I simply want to move it to my toolbar in my startup menu so i can use it more frequently.

If you open CCleaner, click the cleaner button. There is a list of checkboxes, the last section is entitled 'Advanced' and under that is the tickbox for 'User assist history'. If you have that box ticked it will remove everything from the menu you see when you click the Start button at the bottom left of your screen.

Like I said you probably shouldn't have any of the tickboxes under advanced ticked unless you know what they do.

(PS Don't worry about being a newbie, we've all been there)

If you open CCleaner, click the cleaner button. There is a list of checkboxes, the last section is entitled 'Advanced' and under that is the tickbox for 'User assist history'. If you have that box ticked it will remove everything from the menu you see when you click the Start button at the bottom left of your screen.

Like I said you probably shouldn't have any of the tickboxes under advanced ticked unless you know what they do.

(PS Don't worry about being a newbie, we've all been there)

mmm...still dont get it. I am beginning to think that I have come from a planet of less inteligent beings.

I just want to get CC onto my yahoo home page toolbar so i can clear my cookies and cache in one easy swipe. :unsure:

mmm...still dont get it. I am beginning to think that I have come from a planet of less inteligent beings.

I just want to get CC onto my yahoo home page toolbar so i can clear my cookies and cache in one easy swipe. :unsure:

Are you sure you are talking about CCleaner? CCleaner does not go on a toolbar, sorry if this sounds a stupid question but do you actually have CCleaner installed, can you access it from the Start>All Programs list?

Also you said it used to be on your Yahoo toolbar, can you explain better what you actually had on the toolbar and what happened when you clicked it (did CCleaner open). Is this yahoo toolbar in Internet Explorer?

Also, just to make things clearer, what does the button you used to click look like? Was it a red C like this one:

http://www.tweakers.net/ext/i.dsp/1094467922.jpg

(Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand better so I can try to help :) )

JDPower:

If you do an install of CCleaner with the Yahoo! toolbar, it is customized with a run CCleaner button.

Hannah828:

All I can suggest to you is to uninstall the current toolbar (click the pencil and click uninstall).

Then download CCleaner 1.40 (full download not slim) and install with the toolbar again.

I have included a screenshot of what I believe hannah828 was meaning (first complete install I've done of CCleaner in ages).

fireryone

• Moderators

Uh, I think he/she just wants to put CCleaner in their start menu. To do this right click on your desktop and choose new>shortcut. Then paste this into the box: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe

Then just press next again and you should have a shortcut to CCleaner on your desktop. Drag that onto your start menu and then you should be good to go.

lol lets hope hannah comes back so we can figure out what she needs.

...Unlesss she had it on the QuickLaunch bar...... :lol:

JDPower:

I don't use the toolbar I just did a full install to make sure the button was still there.

Then uninstalled the toolbar again.

fireryone