Extension remember

nova

Hi,

I'm new on this forum.

I use CCleaner for a long time and feel it's a usefull tool.

Recently I have installed a genealogy tool named "Ancestrologie". Some of it's files have .BDD extensions.

Each time I run CCleaner, it propose me to clean these extensions, so I have to be very carefull.

Couldn't it be possible in the next releases to Highlight known extensions we want to keep so that at the next CCleaner run we don't have the same message, a sort of exception list.

Nova

Recently I have installed a genealogy tool named "Ancestrologie". Some of it's files have .BDD extensions.

Each time I run CCleaner, it propose me to clean these extensions, so I have to be very carefull.

If you cleaned them they may just be recreated next time you use them, it won't necessarily break anything. You could find out for sure if you wanted by allowing CCleaner to fix them and make a backup when it asks (maybe also make a restore point or full reg backup first using ERUNT), then see if the program still works. It may just recreate them and the CCleaner will pick them up again next time you run it.

Admittedly even if that is the case an exception list would be useful to save them being found all the time (but then if you uninstalled the program they would be genuinely invalid extensions and would not be picked up by CCleaner to be fixed)