Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums

Anabna

Members
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Anabna

  1. It's not a flash drive, it's a spinner. Probably a Western Digital Blue 2.5" laptop drive inside it at a guess.
  2. I've not updated CCleaner for a while, so have only just noticed this change in behaviour after installing V5. It's nothing to do with update checking or active/system monitoring as I also have these turned off. I don't know the answer to your question without looking in depth as the traffic is over HTTPS, however it connects to the following: www.piriform.com (which is the fastly.net IP address) license.piriform.com ocsp.godaddy.com (certificate checking) Take heed Piriform because although people may trust the software vendor enough to give them admin rights in the first place,
  3. I think it's pretty clear what many people think of the UI, so I'll skip that part as I'll just be repeating what other have said. However, there are a couple of bugs I've noticed in V5 that I'm surprised no-ones mentioned. 1) It incorrectly identifies a USB external drive as an SSD drive. If I go to Tools > Drive Wiper, it shows both my C: drive and an external Western Digital My Passport USB drive as SSD's. The C: drive is correct as it is an SSD, but the external drive is a spinner. Therefore when you attempt to check the drive, an dialogue box appears saying secure wiping of th
  4. I'm using Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8 64-bit and noticed that there are DOM storage registry entries for a large list of websites. Would it be feasible for CCleaner to clean these website entries? They are stored at the following registry location: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\windows_ie_ac_001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage Screenshot below:
  5. Hi Hazelnut. Yes, just one user on both, which are Local Account, Administrator accounts. However, I think you hit the nail on the head. The task I exported from my other computer still had my other user name in it. So, I changed the user name in the XML and re-import it, although it still didn't work. But, looking at the other tasks in task scheduler, I think the formatting for the username has changed and it now needs a computer name too. After I changed the <UserId> from [username] to [Computername]\[username], it imported OK & works fine. UserIdformat [Computername]
  6. Yeah, it looks like something has been changed, as Task Scheduler doesn't seem to like it anymore. I exported the CCleanerSkipUAC task from the desktop that's working OK, but when I try to import it into Task Scheduler on the laptop, it won't let me import it and says one or more of the specified arguments are not valid. Screenshot below:
  7. I have the same problem. I have a desktop and a laptop (both with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit), but I have only just installed Windows 8 on the laptop (from a totally clean install). Both have CCleaner 3.27.1900 installed, and although CCleaner works fine on the desktop, it doesn’t on the laptop. After installing CCleaner on the laptop, the UAC prompt comes up every time I open the program. Then when I go to Options > Advanced > Skip User Account Control Warning, the tick box is unchecked. If I try to tick it, an error message comes up saying ‘The task XML contains a value which is inco
×
×
  • Create New...