Does CC Cleaner remove Windows Defender Scans ?

A number of things didn't work properly after my latest WIN10 automatic - and mandatory - update last week. Adobe Reader DC in particular was a major PITA. But I've fixed all that. Of course CC Cleaner got removed but that was easy to reinstall.

One problem remains:-

I scan with Windows Defender weekly. If I run CC Cleaner subsequently, I get a WIN10 notification telling me that my (weekly) Windows Defender scan is overdue. I believe that CC Cleaner is erasing the log of Defender scans. So Defender thinks no scan has been done.

I'd like to tell CC Cleaner to exclude scanning the Defender logs. I think this will cure the annoying false notifications from Defender. Will it and - if so - where are the Defender scan logs stored, please?

• Moderators

Untick Windows Defender, it's located under the Applications tab in CCleaner.

Then only enable that cleaner if you wish to delete scan logs done by Windows Defender, but do note if you allow CCleaner to delete the scan logs Windows Defender will then deem your system only partially protected - meaning you will need to perform a scan again with Windows Defender. The resulting scan that Windows Defender will do is a lengthy one!