Hibernate while and/or after the scan?

Legendus

Hello everybody

Firstly, nice to meet you!. I have discovered recuva and I'm really happy with it.

I have been all the day scanning a disk which has the file system bad. Now it is in the 98%,but, now it is late, so I can't keep longer the computer turned on. Maybe until the time I will wake up. However, I have to turn it off at waking up because I need to go with it to the work... So...

I wonder the next...if I hibernate before it finish (without closing Recuva and Reconnecting the hdd before re turn on), can I go on the scanning on the next turn on?

If not, if I hibernate after the finish (without closing Recuva and Reconnecting the hdd before re turn on), can I recover the files scanned in the next turn on?

Thank you so much!

By the way, there are a great moderators here!

Well, for the moment, and, I hope this is helpful for you, I have hibernated twice and it works for the moment to recover files. What I've done is:

1 - Hibernate without disconnect the HDD

2 - Once, it is totally hibernated, you can unplug the hd if you want.

3 - Before turning on it again, I plug again the HDD. (I have not tried to do that without connect)

• 2 weeks later...

you're welcome. it's a pleasure to be helpful :)

By the other hand, in my search, appeared files in a folder file.000 that were CHK files. I suppose there were files that were not recognized (the extension) by the recuva. Maybe I can explain if it is interesting for you, how I did to recover them. But, maybe, that explanation should be in other post....well whatever, what I did is to use another software to check all the chk files obtained by recuva.

If you want I can talk in detail about how I did to recover most of all the CHK files...

Thanks to your reply, and sorry for being late at answering

• Moderators

Hi Legendus, and welcome to the forum.

It's frustrating for us when people don't come back and let us know if they solved their problems, so it's always appreciated when people do take the trouble.

It's even more appreciated when people take the trouble to let us know the results of something they tried themselves.

That's extremely useful information for us and anyone who may find themselves in a similar situation, about being able to continue the recovery process after hibernation.

It's nice to have you on the forum, and we would be happey to listen to any information you think may be useful.

:)