Advanced Cleaning

jlhns

Hi jlhns, and welcome to Piriform.

I think the latest version needs the "Recurse Subfolders" box checked:

n8E5Us.jpg

Hope that helps, and you should really upgrade to SP3, as support for SP2 ends on July 13th this year.

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6794

If you need any advice on that just post back.

Thanks Dennis, that worked.

As for SP3, I've tried to upgrade twice and both times I got the blue screen of death which necessitated a complete OS and software reinstall. I decided not to try for the third time's a charm. If I have major problems after support ends for SP2, I'll just get rid of this four year old Dell dinosaur laptop and get a new one.

Thanks again.

• Moderators

If it's any help, there are a few ways to update to SP3, all of which are described in the linked to page.

I opted for downloading the ISO file and burning it to disk. This gave me an SP3 backup CD in case I ever had to reinstall Windows, which would have taken me back to SP2.

There's also a link to an MS page describing how to prepare your PC for the upgrade, including removing certain MS Updates which make the install fail.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/145810/inst...this_first.html

Apologies of course if you've already looked into all this.

• Moderators

You can also make a slipstreamed/integrated XP install CD (or DVD if you fancy) with SP3 already built into it, of course that means a reinstall just to have SP3 so it may very well not be worth the hassle. Such a free tool that allows such is nLite which I've used with success.