question on V2.07 and icons on desktop

raymondhenson

Just downloaded the latest 2.07 and noticed that after the first clean, there seems to have an "attached" icon (sorry, can't read or distinguish) on the bottom left of my regular/usual icons or shortcuts. Is this a CCleaner action? Have used CCleaner since '03 and it's the first time i've seen these "little attachments on top of my regular desktop icons".

Raymond

am using Vista

Just downloaded the latest 2.07 and noticed that after the first clean, there seems to have an "attached" icon (sorry, can't read or distinguish) on the bottom left of my regular/usual icons or shortcuts. Is this a CCleaner action? Have used CCleaner since '03 and it's the first time i've seen these "little attachments on top of my regular desktop icons".

Raymond

am using Vista

Hello Ray,

Are you referring to the little arrow on shortcut icons?

This is the normal default.

They can be turned off.

Have you been using any "tweak" software lately?This is how some users turn those options on or off.

TweakUI has this option.

Some people don't realize it but some icons on the Desktop are not "shortcuts".They will not have this little arrow.

Best Wishes,

:) davey

Welcome to Piriforum Raymond.

If you want a little app just to remove the short-cut arrows then have a go with Shortcut Arrows.exe. I made it with Visual Basic 6.0 so you will need the basic runtime files. You will also need admin rights to write to the registry. You can add and remove the arrow as you want too. ;)

Shortcut_Arrows.zip

Shortcut_Arrows.zip

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best