SkyDrive

johnporter29

• Moderators

They shouldn't be touched, are you running and Includes in your ccleaner? are you running with winapp2.ini (see thread at top of the ccleaner board)? are you running the registry integrity section? or just the cleaner section?

what version of Dropbox software are you running (don't say latest that does not mean anything give version #)?

What version of CCleaner?

Obviously you are running it on windows 8 (but luckily so am I). Have you checked off anything in CCleaner other that the defaults?

Via Testing I've just found the Login is likely found in HKCU\software\Dropbox in the registry; I deleted my key and now dropbox wants me to re-signin

Oops somehow I read dropbox instead of skydrive

Skydrive info

(again on my win8 box) I'm not able to recreate this yet. please read and answer all above questions as if I said skydrive instead of dropbox, I'll keep trying to recreate. Are you signed into your computer with a Microsoft account?

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

They shouldn't be touched, are you running and Includes in your ccleaner? are you running with winapp2.ini (see thread at top of the ccleaner board)? are you running the registry integrity section? or just the cleaner section?

Not sure what you mean by "are you running and includes in your ccleaner?" I am not running with winapp2.ini. I run just the cleaner section.

what version of Dropbox software are you running (don't say latest that does not mean anything give version #)?

What version of CCleaner?

v3.24.1850 (64 Bit)

Obviously you are running it on windows 8 (but luckily so am I). Have you checked off anything in CCleaner other that the defaults?

I have all options selected under the Windows and Application Tabs except 'Wipe Free Space'

Via Testing I've just found the Login is likely found in HKCU\software\Dropbox in the registry; I deleted my key and now dropbox wants me to re-signin

Oops somehow I read dropbox instead of skydrive

Skydrive info

(again on my win8 box) I'm not able to recreate this yet. please read and answer all above questions as if I said skydrive instead of dropbox, I'll keep trying to recreate. Are you signed into your computer with a Microsoft account?

I'm not logging into Windows with a Microsoft Account, I use a local account. And as a reminder, I'm running the desktop version of SkyDrive on my PC not the "Metro" app version.

Well my answers are above in red. Could it be because I'm clearing Saved Form Information and Saved Passwords, in fact I'm just going to try and deselect them and try it again.

Edit:

Deselected "Autocomplete Form Information" and "Saved Passwords" under Internet Explorer and "Saved Form Information" and "Saved Passwords" under Google Chrome and now it's not clearing the SkyDrive login details .... I think the Internet Explorer options are the culprit. I don't use Internet Explorer or if I do it's very rare, so I may leave these options unticked anyway, unless there is a way to tell CCleaner not to delete specific bits of information like this?

Thanks for your help so far Nergal

Edited by johnporter29

• Moderators
I'm clearing Saved Form Information and Saved Passwords

no definite that's not it but I can tell you one thing

I have all options selected under the Windows and Application Tabs

Herein lies the issue

(sadly this is going to be a long task on your end, but it's the only way to find the culprit)

First things first

1. Right click EACH heading on both tabs and Choose restore to default state
  2. Clean
  3. Make Sure SkyDrive is not broken (I assure you it won't be broken, but this isa vital step)
  4. Check off the first thing that you would like cleaned (in your case you want everything cleaned so the first thing would be Auto Complete Form History (again I doubt it is this)
  5. Clean
  6. Make Sure SkyDrive is not broken
  7. Check off the next Thing
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 until your find what breaks it (I'm guessing something in Advanced. . . but maybe also System>Windows Explorer>Network Passwords.)
  9. Report back here so the devs can add it to an exclude in the rule.

EDIT: Read your edit and that's odd because I have both those checked and My Skydrive Desktop App has no issues (though again I am linked to a Passport account so maybe that's why)

Includes and excludes in the options panel will allow you to exclude the file/reg entry let me research a bit more and I'll post back if I can find what is cleared.

EDIT2: Looks like I've carried this as far as I can as I am eternally linked to the SkyDrive app by my user account but have heart either another user will tell you the thing to exclude; or the devs, who read all threads, most likely will be able to recreate this issue.

Edited by Nergal
Lots of edit

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thanks for the reply Nergal. Done another test and I can confirm that not selecting the "Autocomplete Form Information" and "Saved Passwords" options under Internet Explorer does in fact solve my issue.

However I do agree the fact you can't re-create the issue is down to you logging in with a Microsoft Account. Be interesting to hear if another user does infact have the same issue.

Once again, thanks for your help.