Left behind files

dtr

Hi,

New to CC but so far I like it.

I have a question in regards to tracking files left behind in registry when you have downloaded a Trial version of something and after the trial period it does not allow the program to run.

So if you delete the program and then run the registry cleaner surely this should remove the offending tracking file?

Is that what it is saying in the extract from CC below?

Registry cleaner

Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.

If it is supposed to remove this tracking file what am I doing wrong as I can't get rid of it.Thnx,

CCleaner may not find those sorts of files, it is not the aim of the program.

If you which to continue using a program buy it, or ask here to find a freeware alternitave.

Edited by fireryone

fireryone

CCleaner may not find those sorts of files, it is not the aim of the program.

If you which to continue using a program buy it, or ask here to find a freeware alternitave.

Hi,

Thnx for reply,

I own the program in question along with many others.

My question was as to the ability of CC to do what it claims to do. If the file is not related to an application it should be removed as claimed. My Regsistry Mecahnic Pro didn't remove these files either so I just wondered why.

Not sure why, The programs must be very good at hiding the entries, and leaving them looking valid after uninstall.

You could also use Zsoft uninstaller to analyse an installation to remove anything left behind by the uninstall / registry clean.

Though this will only work for future analysed installations of different programs.

fireryone