A Quirk? Or just me?

Marilyn

Hi, Everyone seems so nice in here...it is refreshing to say the least! :D

Ok, I am having issues with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0, I get a c0000005 error when I try to view a single picture in the organizer. If I keep the thumbnails small it seems to work.

Due to this headache, I have been in and out of Adobe a lot. I run CC and see the same 3 "issues" come up in the application check.

Could you look at these and tell me why do they keep coming back after I use CC to "fix" them and after I am in Adobe? And could this be the problem I am having with Adobe?

Should I keep these 3 things? Or continue to "fix" them in CC?

1. Unused File Extension .psb-PhotoshopElements.PSBFile HKCR\.psb

2. ActiveX/Com Issue PhotoshopElements.Application- {16aaOB9e-79ac-43b5-86ca-ab961fbeed5F} HKCR\PhotoshopElements.Application

3. ActiveX/COM Issue PhotoshopElements.Application.4-{16aaOb9e-79ac-43b5-86ca-ab961fbeed5f} HKCR\PhotoshopElements.Application.4

Thanks so much for any insight you can give me about what thses 3 things are. Tis all a mystery to me!

~Marilyn

• Moderators

Hi Marilyn, and welcome to the forum.

I think your answer may be found on the Adobe Forums, where I used to get stuff myself.

There are some clever guys on there, and an Adobe tech drops in now and again.

If any of the guys here can`t help, go to this link, which should put you on the Elements 4 forum search page.

Select "search all forum messages", and enter error c000005 in the search box.

You should get a lot of posts regarding that error number. Follow all the links, and you hopefully will get an answer to your problem.

Not sure if that link times out or not, so come back if have a problem with it, or any other problem.

Hope that helps.

:)

• Moderators

Marilyn, after having a trawl round the Adobe forum, that error number seems to rear it's head quite often if you have moved or maybe deleted a pic from your "My Pictures" folder, (or wherever you keep your originals), and not updated the Photoshop organiser.

Have you tried File > Catalog > Recover.

Just a thought.

:)