Registry back up

Bandit

I just noticed that Doug's REG file association fix is itself a regfile as well, in which case you'll also be unable to merge its contents by doubleclicking it...

Unzip the regfile, then go to Start > Run > Regedit

In the Registry Editor, go to File > Import . Browse to the regfile in question, highlight it, and hit 'Open'. That should hopefully do the trick

I just noticed that Doug's REG file association fix is a regfile as well, in which case you'll also be unable to merge its contents by doubleclicking it...

Unzip the regfile, then go to Start > Run > Regedit

In the Registry Editor, go to File > Import . Browse to the regfile in question, highlight it, and hit 'Open'. That should hopefully do the trick

IT WORKED, you're my hero now..lol Thanks for your help..

Thats a very useful page of fixes. I've had a problem with some programs not connecting to the net stating no file association. Most work, just a few don't, eg error reporting always says this, one or two new programs have given the message when clicking to register them.

Just tried the URL fix, hopefully that'll do the trick :)

The Url fix is meant for internet shortcuts; not at all sure it will fix your problem ...

Well its worth a try. Any other suggestions as to which file association is causing the problem as I've looked in the file types section in Folder Options and I can't work out which one is at fault.