Safe to delete?

xbrianx

I did some research on SpeechRedist, and found out that it is from UT2004 for the PC. I un-installed that a long time ago, but the SpeechRedist is still there. Since I don't necessarily need it, it is safe to delete, right? I also read that is has something to do with how Microsoft reads the microphone or something.

For MSN, since I don't use it, I can also delete that? Or, is it bound to the Microsoft package like Internet Explorer?

And, I hate MusicMatch Jukebox. Can I delete that and install Itunes as my main player?

Thanks.

I didn't even see the post under mine with the same title. :huh:

get rid of all of that :)

as for iTunes, you can do that, but i personally wouldn't recommend it. while iTunes has nice integration with the iPod(not sure if you have one), it has many bugs(the ID3 one being the most notorious) and it uses a LOT of resources.

right now, i use a freeware player called foobar2000 which is very light on resources, has a large userbase, friendly forums, and a lot of plugins(there is also a plugin in alpha stage called foo_dop which can let you integrate foobar2000 with your iPod).

but then again, it's your comp so you can do whatever you want to do with it :)

get rid of all of that :)

as for iTunes, you can do that, but i personally wouldn't recommend it. while iTunes has nice integration with the iPod(not sure if you have one), it has many bugs(the ID3 one being the most notorious) and it uses a LOT of resources.

right now, i use a freeware player called foobar2000 which is very light on resources, has a large userbase, friendly forums, and a lot of plugins(there is also a plugin in alpha stage called foo_dop which can let you integrate foobar2000 with your iPod).

but then again, it's your comp so you can do whatever you want to do with it :)

Okay, thanks. I'm not gonna download Itunes anytime soon, I just wanted to make sure I could do that. I'm gonna look around for some more players as well. And, I don't have an Ipod, I have a Creative Zen Micro; I hate their music player as well. It takes forever to put songs on my Zen, and naming them is just as long.

why would you need to name them? doesn't the Creative Zen have built-in support for ID3 tags? and besides, i believe that you can just drag and drop files from explorer. but then again, i've never used a Zen before.

I don't know really. :huh: I never really checked, I just copied them over, then named them through properties. I'll check....the next time I update my Zen. I don't even use it anymore.