Six HIPS Programs Reviewed and Rated

Humpty

Quote:

I wanted to look at things conventional tests didn't look at. In particular I was interested in how resistant the security programs were to termination by aggressive malware. I was also wanted to know how they coped with cloaking either with rootkit stealthing or polymorphic encryption. Finally I wanted to test their ability to deal with 0-day threats particularly those served by drive-by download sites.

HIPS tests

• Moderators

I wonder how well the one included with spyware terminator would do in those tests. I like that if you set ST on beginner mode even the hips protection leaves you alone. :P

I'll have to give cyberhawk a shot.

To be honest I feel secure without anything besides an AV running but I guess if people want to be extra extra sure then this is a good way. :D

To be honest I feel secure without anything besides an AV running but I guess if people want to be extra extra sure then this is a good way.

Having a hardwire firewall I usually only run FF through my favourite security app which I won't mention as I'm beginning to sound like a broken record.icon_blahblah.gif

Use Kav, SAS ans AVG AS as on demand.

Kav has a proactive defense function so I doubt if I would try any HIPS apps.Nevertheless they are good and some may find them to their liking.

Another HIPS that is making a name for itself is Prosecurity.

Prosecurity home

Discussion

Some of the people over at Wilders run so many realtime security apps that I sometimes think how the hell their computer even runs.

3_8_8.gif

Lean, mean and clean is the way to go.