CClearner using outlook express

Wilf

Has anyone had problems using CCleaner and outlook express win2000. I find it changes certain file extesions to N/A This is what I have to do each time I run CCLeaner

Windows 2000

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.

2. Click Tools, click Folder Options, and then click File Types.

3. In the Registered File Types box, click URL:File Transfer Protocol, and then click Advanced.

4. In the Actions box, click Open, and then click Advanced.

5. The Application Used To Perform Action box may display the path to your Web browser as a short file name or as an incorrect path. Type the path to your Web browser with the full file name. For example, the following path may appear in the Application Used To Perform Action box.

c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe

Change the path to the following path:

"c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" (including the quotation marks).

6. Click OK, and then click Close.

7. Repeat steps 3-6 for the following registered file types:? URL:Gopher Protocol

? URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol

? URL:Hypertext Transfer protocol with Privacy

URL:File Transfer Protocol

? URL:Internet Shortcut

Wilf

I wouldn't know since I don't use Outlook Express.

But I don't recall hearing about other people complaining about Outlook Explorer and CCleaner.

I thought you should know that Outlook Express is by many considered to be very insecure. It is often described as one of the main ways that Internet worms propagate. By exploiting bugs in the parsing of e-mail headers, it is even possible for you to get infected with viruses, worms and malware without even opening the e-mail. You might be interested in Mozilla Thunderbird.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Hmm.. I don't think this is an issue thats been brought up yet. I have a question, do you run ccleaner with outlook express open? Try running it with OE closed and see if the same issue occurs.

I use OE on occasion and I don't have this issue with it and ccleaner but I'm also on winxp and not 2000.