Where do you pull the updates from ?

euroguy86

I ran the driver update check and apparently there are a few drivers I can get, If I upgrade to the paid version which I am planning on next pay day... but I'm curious, Where do you pull the updates from ? I have looked on Intels own site and my motherboard vendors site, Both have versions that are older than the ones shown in the driver update window.

The only site I could find that is hosting these files is a place called "station drivers" which is a long running user ran website/forum that seems to get very early beta updates.

• 4 months later...

Very, very good question ! Thx for that. I had the same lookup and additionally landet here during my research...

So pls, Piriform, where did you get these drivers from?
Can´t validate if they are safe, clean and true (until now) !!!

Is using CCleaner's Driver Updater safe for your PC and data?

During an update, the Driver Updater downloads driver installers from verified manufacturers.

• Well, this is not that what I expect from a secure search n download tool. May you can add an Information, what kind of download source or wich responsible manufacturer u get this download?

Additionally, before installing new drivers, the Driver Updater backs up all drivers and creates a Windows System Restore point. This enables you to restore previously installed drivers or use the Windows System Restore point to return to the previous state of your system in case there are any problems with the newly updated drivers.

I understand the need for discretion to that download source, cause this is how you make the money with, right?
But I wont even use/ buy a tool, wich makes me feel uncomfortable with an installation of drivers, so....

Edited by Philumen

• Admin

We work together with many major manufacturers, and all drivers are coming 100% directly from the official manufacturers. Furthermore, we check our drivers 24 hours around the clock with the latest malware and virus definitions. And all drivers are tested by us for basic functionality.