Photos deleted

JoeSO88

Hi. Today we vere cleaning our phone (Samsung A32, Android 11), gave permission to CCleaner. Started default cleaning process.

Sadly the CCleaner deleted all photos in our custom directories + all display screenshots. We tried every possible recovery software + Samsung Apps. Recycle bin is empty. Google photos not possible because the amount and size of the photos. Same for google drive backup.

As it has been said in some posts before us, it is obviously normal in this software. I immediately uninstalled CCleaner form all my devices (6 PCs, 3 mobile phones)

Has anyone tried anything that did actually help? I also suggest to users to be extra careful.

And to CCleaner crew, it might be a good idea to implement recovery feature...

• 3 months later...

Estou desesperado, pois o ccleaner deletou todas as minhas fotos e vídeos que fiz nesses 4 dias de viagem .Fui para Roma ,Paris e Portugal. Esses registros que fiz com minha esposa Não tem preço!.Como vou recuperar todos meus registros  que o CCLEANER deletou . ? Tenho em Galaxy S21 Android.Precido de uma solução. 

Google Translate

I'm desperate, because ccleaner deleted all my photos and videos that I took on those 4 days of travel. I went to Rome, Paris and Portugal.  These records I made with my wife are priceless! How am I going to recover all my records that CCLEANER deleted.  ?  I have Android on Galaxy S21. I need a solution.

Edited by Nergal
Translation

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi chaps.

It's a long time since I made a post on this forum, but I feel so heartily sorry for your predicament, that I thought I'd mention what I think is possibly the only chance you have of getting anything back.

And that is do any of you use a Micro SD Card in your phone for expanded storage? None of you have mentioned that in your posts. If you do, take it out, insert it into a USB adapter such as THIS, and into your computer, and with any luck it may still be given a drive letter. Then you can scan it with something like Recuva, or if the file system is really messed up then try PhotoRec. A slightly intimidating program but free and very powerful. They have a help forum HERE, and there's been many posts in the past on here on it's use.

The SD Card option is all I've got guys, and I sincerely hope it may be of some help.  :)

All photos were stored in internal storage. If we had the SD card, the photos might be possible, to save. I know about Recuva and similar software, which i used on other things as well.

I tried every possible way to find the photos, even those which cancel the warranty of the phone to no avail.