Activated Kamo - Can't access my wireless printer anymore

Freddie Welzel

Hello,

After renewing my CCleaner licence, I activated and set up Kamo. Since then I don't seem to be abel to access my wireless printer anymore i e can't print remotely. It worked OK before when I had only CCleaner installed.

Thanx in advance for your help and advice as to how to rectify the problem.

Regards

Freddie Welzel - Gloucestershire UK

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Freddie Welzel I suspect you can resolve this problem by adding a new printer in Windows, after you've established the Private Connection in Kamo, using these steps:

1. Open Kamo > click Private Connection
  2. Move the switch to the right, to the "On" position
  3. In Windows, click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners
  4. Click "Add a printer or scanner" > Add device

Otherwise if the problem persists afterwards, please let me know as I'll be eager to investigate further.

13 hours ago, MeganCCleaner said:

Hi @Freddie Welzel I suspect you can resolve this problem by adding a new printer in Windows, after you've established the Private Connection in Kamo, using these steps:

1. Open Kamo > click Private Connection
  2. Move the switch to the right, to the "On" position
  3. In Windows, click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners
  4. Click "Add a printer or scanner" > Add device

Otherwise if the problem persists afterwards, please let me know as I'll be eager to investigate further.

Hi Admin,

Thank you for your response. However, I had my wireless printer and remote printing set up prior to Kamo being installed and activated and it worked ok before.

My Private Connection in Kamo is set to "on" and to "automatically turn on private connection when connected to untrusted networks" and also "block internet access when private connection suddenly drops".

Hence my question: do I have to re-add the printer in Windows Settings and re-configurate the remote / wireless printing after I installed and activated Kamo i e does the Kamo installation 'overwrite' the previous remote / wireless printer setting or do I need to change something in Kamo "Private Connection" to make the remote / wireless printer setting work (e g allow the IP address of the printer)?

After installation of Kamo, the printer is still shown in the HP Smart app but whenever I try to print i e access the printer remotely a dialog box says that either the printer is offline or couldn't connect to the (HP?) server.

I am using an HP printer (HP ENVY 4520 series)

Thank you very much in advance for your prompt response and your advice and recommendation as to how to cure the problem. 

Freddie Welzel

email address removed to avoid member being spammed

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Freddie Welzel There aren't any settings that can be changed from within Kamo to avoid this issue but we have had users report that adding a new printer in Windows, after establishing the Private Connection, will resolve the problem.

I am also curious if the "Print Anywhere" option is available in your HP Smart app, as described here.

(If not, you may need to re-add a new instance of the printer whenever connected to Kamo due to how the printer is on the local network, whereas Private Connection will redirect traffic through an encrypted virtual tunnel)