Intel and HP do not agree with Driver Updater results

MJones10

I did want to send to to CCleaner support, but there appears to be no contact and live chat is just a bot.

I have a pretty serious concern, and keen to share as I've used CClearner for a long time as a registry cleaner and it has been really useful.

I recently looked into the Driver Updater. I have no issue with a paid upgrade to CClearner. However, I wanted to research the results of the driver scan, as it showed several Intel drivers needing updating.

For example, one recommended driver update is the 'Intel dynamic platform and thermal framework manager' Neither Intel nor HP (my laptop manufacturer) scans show any need for this update nor any reference to the driver at all. So I did some research.

This is short version:  checking with Intel led to information that the CCleaner scan results are inaccurate and updating that way is likely to cuse system issues. 

From Intels information, no such driver exists, and concerns with users bypassing the manufacturer versions (often modified by the laptop / desktop manufacturer), such a scan and results can lead users down the wrong path.

In fact HP also have no information about such an individual driver.

It was odd to get information that CCleaners driver list was not good. This suprised me.

I won't of course update those drivers or upgrade to do so. But I also thought this is feedback CClearner and the community should have.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @MJones10 Thanks for reporting this to us as we most certainly want to ensure Driver Updater works correctly, only installing the appropriate drivers for each system.

To help us investigate further, would you be willing to provide us with the following files?

1. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Data\DUState.dat
  2. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\LOG\DriverUpdaterLib.log
  3. C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log
  4. Any log files in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Data\StateHistory folder

Please send these files to our support team, using support@ccleaner.com.