my video links are getting blocked

pob1909

When I click on various links in my emails to view a video, the video will not play. It reads "Something happened to this video"...below that: Start over, or Continue watching"...and neither of

these will allow the video to play. I can view the same video in other browsers. 

Guest johnccleaner

If this is still occurring, would it be possible to share any of these links so that we can investigate this further?

If you browse to the site manually (as opposed to visiting via links emailed to you), are you able to play these videos?

On 13/09/2022 at 10:27, johnccleaner said:

If this is still occurring, would it be possible to share any of these links so that we can investigate this further?

If you browse to the site manually (as opposed to visiting via links emailed to you), are you able to play these videos?

yes.Thank you for the response.

eg When I go to www.chicagobears.com, then videos, then highlights, it will actually play this video but for only 5 seconds, However, If I open Edge, and do the same thing, it plays the entire video, without any stopping or hesitation.

Guest johnccleaner

That's rather curious; I just tested the page you cited in CCleaner Browser and was able to watch an entire video without any issues that I could see.

Have you added any extensions to CCleaner Browser?

Is Privacy Guard turned on or off? (Mine was off when I did the test.)

What is enabled in the Security & Privacy Center?

Thank you for the followup. To answer your queries:

Extensions: yes, I see Capital One Shopping, and Zoom Scheduler

Privacy Guard was turned on (this may be the culprit...)

In Security and Privacy Center: Web Shield, Password Manager,Extension Guard are enabled.

ps. I just turned Privacy Guard off, and now the same video I had cited plays all the way through! So, I will leave it off. I didn't think Privacy Guard was the culprit initailly, as it lets the video plays for 5 or 6 seconds before it locked. However, now that is is turned off, it plays all the way, so I will leave it off..

Thanks for your suggestion!

Guest johnccleaner

That's good to hear, and makes some sense; Privacy Guard can potentially cause issues with websites, since some of the techniques we use to enhance your privacy can, at times, interfere with functionality used by websites (sometimes for tracking and advertising, sometimes for security, sometimes for other purposes) in such a way as to break their intended purpose.

Fortunately, you could just turn this offer on websites like this and leave the feature on for websites it works for.

I'll also be happy to let our development team know about this to investigate further, so thanks for letting us know what you found.