how to get a domain

TheFiresInTheSky

<rant>your website is gay. it made Opera freeze for 10 seconds realmad.gif</rant>

from the looks of things, geocities might be sufficient enough for you. i don't know how much storage or bandwidth you might use up monthly so i can only guess that a low amount will be used monthly. but then again i can't be sure. if you need paid hosting, you might wanna search around. the only paid host that i've heard of is ForgeHosting. but their DNS servers suck(not sure if that's still the case).

eldmannen, i looked at that link but it didnt really tell about it.

is this something i could do by myself without buying any static IP or anything?

Apache is a server software, a HTTP daemon. A software that listens on TCP port 80 for incoming connections from web browsers, then serve them webpages.

Most real hosting user static IP address, but you can host it from home with a dynamic IP address if you have the computer on 24/7, if you have the computer off, then when you start it, you get a new IP address, and the domain points to the old IP address, so then you have to update the DNS record to point to the new IP address.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png