CCleaner not deleting Chrome cookies again (Version 5.90.9443, 64 bit)

Ong

Issue:  CClean (V5.90.9443) found not able to complete clean up the cookies in Chrome.

The issue above was discovered today while trying to clean up all the cookies and temp files browsed (after using the latest upgraded version of CCleaner).

Similar issue was reported months ago and CClean's team already fixed the bug with the upgraded of version v5.89.9385 and everything was perfectly done.

However, with the latest version of V5.90.9443 which automatically updated on 17-Feb-2022, it failed to do a full clean up on the cookies as expected. 

It's very disappointing to experiencing same issue kept on repeating by itself after new version was introduced and it's frustrating to use it like this way.

Screenshot of the cookies that CAN'T be clean up in Chrome are included for your troubleshooting.

I really hope the technical team will take a look into this issue seriously and put to rest for good with a quick permanent fixed solution.

Unclean Cookies Name.jpg

Unclean Cookies.jpg

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Ong I've not yet been able to replicate this issue but I will continue to test this as we definitely want to ensure cookie deletion works as intended.

Meanwhile, and if applicable, can you please remove "mail.google.com" from the "Cookies to Keep" list of CCleaner, using the following steps, then check to see if the problem persists afterwards?

1. Open CCleaner > click Options > Cookies
  2. Under "Cookies to Keep", right-click "mail.google.com"
  3. Click "Remove"

Hi Admin, I have tried with the suggested method and result shown the highlighted cookies was no longer present after the clean run completed. 

Question here is I never create such setup in the cookies setting to keep it from being deleted, so really no clue why the latest update version preset such way. In fact there are few more cookies appeared in the list as following as well, which result shown it doesn't deleted after the clean-up.

*.ccleaner.com

*.ccleanercloud.com

*.piriform.com

Should I removed those cookies from the option list as well? I recalled the previous version (5.89.9401) does not shown such symptom.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @OngThanks for the updates on this as I am glad to hear everything seems to be working properly now.

I would suggest that you remove all of the entries from the "Cookies to Keep" list in order to ensure nothing will be retained during the cleaning operation.

Also, I'm not quite certain of why this configuration occurred only after installing the latest version of CCleaner but I can confirm that it is related to the "Intelligent Cookie Scan" feature of our software, as described here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045226012

Hi Admin, I follow the steps suggested and all look good now.

I never setup this configuration before and all this while it run smoothly even with those cookies appeared on the list, except one older version which was reported having problem in clearing any cookies, and now with this latest version reoccurred similar but since with this manual removal of those cookies from the list, it's working properly now.

Should it consider resolved? If yes, you may close this case and thanks for the help given.