Unable to choose the destination folder !

Cozar

Hello,

I am contacting you because I have a problem. I have installed recuva to recover deleted video files. 

I can recover them but when I click on ''recover'' I can't choose the location of the destination folder. Instead I have a white rectangle (screen). 

I installed Recuva on another hard drive and it doesn't change. 

Can you help me to find a solution to choose my destination folder. 

Thanks to you :) 

Sorry for my English but I am French.

image.thumb.png.2f89964fe9f0ad8a63ad6bfc7bccd49d.png

Guest johnccleaner

This will occur when using a recovery environment (WinRE, BartPE, and the like); unfortunately, it's that these environments, being extremely cut-down versions of Windows, do not have the needed components for Recuva to function properly, so basically, what you're seeing is:

• You tell Recuva to recover files
  • Recuva asks the operating system to enumerate the file system
  • The recovery environment's OS, lacking the functionality to do so, returns no information
  • Recuva then has no information to display to you, the user

As such, there really isn't a way to fix this outside of running Recuva in a normal, fully working installation of Windows. If that can't be done on the computer, then you may need to make use of another recovery tool that can be used in a recovery environment, or that has its own recovery environment to work with.

• 3 months later...
On 19/03/2021 at 09:07, johnccleaner said:

This will occur when using a recovery environment (WinRE, BartPE, and the like); unfortunately, it's that these environments, being extremely cut-down versions of Windows, do not have the needed components for Recuva to function properly, so basically, what you're seeing is:

• You tell Recuva to recover files
  • Recuva asks the operating system to enumerate the file system
  • The recovery environment's OS, lacking the functionality to do so, returns no information
  • Recuva then has no information to display to you, the user

As such, there really isn't a way to fix this outside of running Recuva in a normal, fully working installation of Windows. If that can't be done on the computer, then you may need to make use of another recovery tool that can be used in a recovery environment, or that has its own recovery environment to work with.

Is this true for your products generally? I mean, e.g., if I'm in WinRE, will the portable CCleaner only scan and clean the WinRe registry on drive X: or can I force it to scan and fix problems on the system (c:\) registry? Thanks.