BSOD pre-crash log

DanT

I've got a long time issue with my workstation (LenovoD20) wherein in the middle of anything...crash.

Is Speccy configurable to log the system analysis/results so that it's not lost in a crash type of shutdown?  I'd like to see what my Nvida graphic card (which run hot anyway) may be "up to" in heat and heat transfer to the motherboard....as well as the dual Xeon processors that could be give me a clue as to what transpires at just the wrong moment.

Thanks!!

• Moderators

have you looked in Event Viewer?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Thanks MTA....

Yeah...I've gone through  all the codes that pop up from an event which lead to nowhere.  At one time the Nvidia Quad card that came with this elderly system ran what I thought to be excessively hot....but no according to Nvidia.  That card gave it up about 2 months ago which I had hoped would end the intermittent dump...which always came at the wrong time.  But with a new card installed....I've had the same event take place whether under load or sitting dormant overnight.

I did change slots...just in the event the original card cooked the mother board when it would approach 80°C.  So....I was semi-able to eliminate one possibility after 8 years.<G

• Moderators

sadly Speccy can't help you here.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.