Cookie "Protection" Question

Guardian

Long time user, first time poster. I searched to see if it had been answered before creating yet another forum account B) but alas I couldn't find it and so I was finally motivated to not just read the forum to keep up with things but actually post a question. The question I have is specific to the cookie protection feature at the moment, aka Options > Cookies, where I have saved certain cookies (using both explicit and wildcard entries) and it works fine for the most part.

However, while I notice that on 3 of my cookies there is a dual icon (meaning it is indicating saving in multiple browsers), aka post-79823-0-85587500-1504047740.png - it does not do this for all of the cookies that similarly I want protected in all the browsers (namely Edge and Firefox), nor is it ACTUALLY saving them in the browsers it indicates. I am not sure if I am supposed to do something special for this to happen and I am just overlooking it; or it just isn't working right.

Additionally, the ones that DO show that they are supposedly kept in both browsers, are only actually kept in Firefox only, not Edge as evident by the need to log into those sites each time; despite being logged in on Firefox. Add to that, it only seems to keep the cookies from ONE of the Firefox profiles, and not the other profiles that exist either, despite logging into the same sites on there as well. It seems to only save the cookies for the default browser (Firefox) and only the first profile on that (meaning if you look inside the profile.ini file, it is the profile numbered as 0). Should be added in case it helps, that I don't have the profiles set to load automatically, meaning it shows the profile manager to choose which profile to load, so I can't imagine the always load this profile option is an issue.

Can anyone shed some light on:

1. what, if anything, I am doing wrong
  2. what, if anything, I need to do specifically to make it work
  3. or if this is a limitation by design or bug
  4. or, less likely, it was intended to work this way (which kind of doesn't make sense if it is showing multiple browsers attached to a cookie if it can't do it)

I have considered that possibly, just thinking out loud, that maybe I need to clear them all out and then simultaneously log into all of them on all the browsers and profiles and THEN save the cookie, but I am finding that hard to justify as a real solution and want to have some sense of it before I do it, as it would involve a lot of redoing things.

On a side note, actually relating to this matter; I see special types of cookies generated for what Firefox is calling "webextensions" which are unique hash strings that are different for everyone using the same extension but supposedly hold some information about them (honestly still not sure what exactly). I notice that if I don't specifically save those and then the cleaning occurs, some of them begin to behave like they just got installed or lose extended settings/configurations. Is this because of the way CC cleans them or is it something to do with the way the "webextentions" are saving their settings?

I have reached out the developers affected and they inform me that the framework for it is the same for everyone and nothing is saved in a cookie that would result in loss of configurations by being cleared out (and they point to what happens when you run in "never remember history" mode or incognito where they remember things just fine). Can anyone enlighten as to what might be causing that, so I know if I should really be continuing to save these cookies manually or they are safe to discard like everything else?

Thank you in advance, and sorry about the long post, I wanted to be as detailed and clear as possible to help expedite responses.

CC: 5.33.6162 (x64) Pro

FX: 55.0.3 (x86)

MS: 40.15063.0.0

Knowledge is Power, Share the Power