Recuva pro:files succesfully recovered - unable to open JPG

narumol

1.Recuva professional can recovered file successes->STATUS FILE:Good and File not overwritten.But cannot preview picture.
2.Program “IrfanView”->Open file from recover->have Error "Can't read file header"
3.I'm rename file to "1.jpg"->Open file with “IrfanView” again ->have Error "Can't read file header"
4.I check file(s) into a Hex Editor, https://hexed.it/?hl=en.The file does not contain all zeros.

Please help me.

• Moderators

a recovered file is no guarantee of a non-corrupted file.

what details can you provide?

like - how was the file deleted, what is your OS?, what is your file system?, how was it recovered?, from where to where?, disk usage between deletion and recovery?

and don't forget, since you have paid for the Pro version, you are entitled to direct support from Piriform.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

On file deletion FAT32 will set the first two bytes of the file's cluster address to zero. This will give an incorrect address for the file, and will retrieve invaled data.

Is the first cluster address (shown in Recuva Advanced mode Info panel) under 65,535? If so this is probably invalid.

There is no easy way to recover the data. You could try a deep scan, but this will only find the first extent of a file.

On file deletion FAT32 will set the first two bytes of the file's cluster address to zero. This will give an incorrect address for the file, and will retrieve invaled data.

Is the first cluster address (shown in Recuva Advanced mode Info panel) under 65,535? If so this is probably invalid.

There is no easy way to recover the data. You could try a deep scan, but this will only find the first extent of a file.

You are right, the file deleted FAT32 can not be deleted completely, no matter on the mobile or computer , it will leave traces of files , 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2017 at 10:45, narumol said:

I deleted file from sd card.OS is windows 10 64 bits.After deleted I not use sd card.

I paid Recuva professional and use XXXX tool. Step above.

Support answer mail very slow.

I used to delete data from phone memory , as i think the data recovey program isn't difficult ,but i am asked to root phone device before recover data since my phone versions 4.0  :angry:

Edited by Augeas
Removed spam link

• 4 months later...
On 21/08/2017 at 08:12, Bigbang89 said:

I used to delete data from phone memory , as i think the data recovey program isn't difficult ,but i am asked to root phone device before xxxxx data since my phone versions 4.0  :angry:

Maybe your Android phone version it too low , 

Edited by Augeas
Remove spam link

• Augeas locked this topic