Shadow copies

geoff2002

Hey guys, just did a scan on my (G) drive and I can see that some Shadow Copies have been found, but if I scan one of them the results show as "Found 0 file(s) (71,147 ignored) in XXX minutes". Are the "ignored files" my 'lost' files? If they are, then it seems that my lost files are there somewhere, I just don't know how to get them back from this point.

I tried Windows Previous Versions but that didn't give me the resul I was looking for.

Any suggestions?

Bump.... OK I think I figured it all out. Cheers anyway.

post-79368-0-24810900-1498615646_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

Buuuump in the hopes that you see this. Might have run into the same wall as you did. Did you manage to recover anything from those Shadow Copies using recuva?

On 27/06/2017 at 21:13, geoff2002 said:

Any suggestions?

Bump.... OK I think I figured it all out. Cheers anyway.

post-79368-0-24810900-1498615646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Djdjdj
Mispelling

Guest johnccleaner

The ignored files are ignored by certain rules built into Recuva; you can disable these by going to Options > Actions > checking each of the items in the "Scanning" section except Deep Scan. (You may need to click "Switch to Advanced Mode" to see the Options button.)

With that in mind, these files are usually ignored for a reason - for instance, they could be 0 byte files, i.e. files that have no data in them, which wouldn't would be useful to recover, or system files that are better restored by reinstalling the program, or OS, that put them there. However, it is most certainly possible for Recuva to get that determination wrong, which is why you have the option to turn off those filters.

You can find out more about these options here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048410512 

In regards to Deep Scan, please note that it can only detect the types of files listed here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/204044074 so bear that in mind whether you want to use this option (and also that it will take a considerable amount of time to run); in either event, you might as well run it from the Wizard instead of those options so you can easily choose per-run.