Queries using Recuva for first time

Philby12

Hi all,

1/ Is it possible to save what hs been find after a deep scan of a HP External USB drive to work on later?

2/ I cannot see anyway to sort results into file sizes or dates . e.g I am trying to locate any VHD image files from Windows 2008 SBS backups copied to this drive that Windows own Backupsofwtare lost during a attempted migration to Windows 2012. Which screwed up my Exchnage settings. 

Size of image backup file would be 450gb to 500gb. whatever that is in bytes again?

So I don't want to have to page up down etc by date or file size through 1000's of files.

Hope that makes sense.

I also made a back up of ful system using software called AOEMI, which creates a system image file with file ext adi.

Ther is 49k plus files on this drive as it has been used for backups for 6 years with another one.

Testing out Rec as handy Receovery which I have, keeps crashing. 

Just on a side note and not related only to this forum, but why do all forum sites not have an inbuilt spell check option, always bugged me that has, be in Dell's, Micorosft or whoever.

Thanks

Phil

• Moderators

1) You can save a list of the found files by r/clicking anywhere on  the list and selecting Save to Text File (or whatever it says). You can look at this later but it can't be input for recovery.

2) Click on any of the column headers to sort by that column.