Scan Complete, but cannot start Recover

ACars441

So, Like an idiot, I reformatted a data drive with some vitally important information (Raw Video Clips, pictures, some sound files) because I didn't double check which drive I was about to format.  After a Long and gut-wrenching panic attack, I came to my senses and started looking for a Data Recovery program.  This one was recommended, so i figured it was a good starting place.  However, I get stuck right at the brink of relief by this weird problem.

• Installed Recuva
  • Launched Recova
  • Scanned Reformatted Drive (H:\)
  • Files that were deleted are clearly visible, with correct file extensions and no overwritten sectors (or whatever the word is in the comments column)
  • Press Recover...

And this is where I am stuck.  No Drives show up in the pop up menu for me to recover my data to.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I got the same problem and it looked like the image attached below.

post-70514-0-60063800-1411174377_thumb.png

I was running Recuva 1.51.1063 (64-bit) from the Recovery console of Windows 7 SP1 (by booting from the shipped Windows recovery DVD).

Files were found but the Recover dialog did ot show the folder selection control and a disabled OK button.

So recovering the files was impossible.

I guess the problem is the usage of the FolderBrowserDialog which comes with .NET, but it was not available on my system. Also there was no WoW64 installed and the 2.0 dotnetfx installer failed ("The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present.")

I wish Recuva also offers a simple text box to enter a recovery path.

Cheers