CCleaner 4.16 and Google Chrome Portable 36.x problems!

x3mdev

Hi,

The past few days i have been searching all over the net (and yes, also the piriform forum), but found no RIGHT answer.

This is the issue i am trying to solve CCLEANER and GOOGLE CHROME PORTABL (the PortableApps version):

CCleaner 4.16.4763

Google Chrome Portable 36.0.1985.143 (Stable)

I have added the necessary lines to:

CCLEANER.INI

CustomLocation1="CHROME|e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default"

WINAPP2.INI (snippet)

[*GCP - Internet Cache]

LangSecRef=3029

Default=True

DetectFile=e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data

SpecialKey1=N_CHROME_CACHE

[*GCP - Internet History*]

LangSecRef=3029

Section = Chrome

Default=True

DetectFile=e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data

SpecialKey1=N_CHROME_HISTORY

CCleaner is cleaning/removing, a total different number of files - compared to a local/normal installation of Google Chrome 36.0.

Am i doing something wrong, did i missed something. Would appreciate any help!

Kind regards

Charles (x3mDev)

CCleaner Log (snippet)

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Top Sites-journal 16 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Web Data-journal 15 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\History-journal 16 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Login Data-journal 1 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Shortcuts-journal 13 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Archived History-journal 16 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Network Action Predictor-journal 16 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Cookies-journal 16 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Origin Bound Certs-journal 4 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\QuotaManager-journal 9 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Favicons-journal 16 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Extension Cookies-journal 10 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Storage\ext\chrome-signin\def\Cookies-journal 5 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Storage\ext\chrome-signin\def\QuotaManager-journal 4 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Storage\ext\chrome-signin\def\databases\Databases.db-journal 1 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Sync Data\SyncData.sqlite3-journal 16 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Local Storage\chrome-extension_aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb_0.localstorage-journal 4 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Local Storage\chrome-extension_kkelicaakdanhinjdeammmilcgefonfh_0.localstorage-journal 5 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Local Storage\chrome-extension_edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko_0.localstorage-journal 16 KB

e:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Local Storage\chrome-extension_ljfpjnehmoiabkefmnjegmpdddgcdnpo_0.localstorage-journal 4 KB

Welcome to the forum

You are probably doing something VERY VERY WRONG.

Portable Apps allows Google Chrome to use its NORMAL installed location in C:\, not in E:\,

and then copies data, but not the data structures (i.e. folders and sub-folders), to E:\

and then deletes the data structures from C:\.

CCleaner uses "CustomLocation1" to remove the data from the expected data structure,

BUT Portable Apps is unlikely to use the correct and expected data structure to hold the copied data,

so "CustomLocation1" CANNOT pointing at what you want to delete.

Regards

Alan

did you use the "original" winapp2.ini or only [*GCP - xx] entries?

if you're using the "original" winapp2.ini + [*GCP - xx] entries, you need to do some changes for the chrome entries inside "original" winapp2.ini

for example,

[Application Cache*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
DetectFile2=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome
DetectFile4=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF

CustomLocation1 enable CCleaner to detect your portable profile but the cleaning part didn't use special key as you can see for [*GCP - Internet Cache] which is SpecialKey1=N_CHROME_CACHE ,instead it use different path which is FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF

point the filekey to your portable profile and you can have almost the same cleaning as installed version because for portable version, you only need to clean the profile folder

btw, i don't use chrome and i don't know if this will help you but i've done the same thing for my ff portable