Listing a program as safe

mwelch

Hello,

Sorry if this was addressed before. Did a search before and could not find it. After installing CCleaner I noticed that my LastPass extension on my Chrome bar no longer worked. After contacting LastPast they told me it's usually a cleaner or antispam program that is causing this. 

Is there any way to add this program to a "safe" list so it does not block it's functionality? 

Thanks!

Hello mwelch and welcome to the forum. Personally I don't use either Chrome or LastPass, but I did a Google search and came up with a link to the LastPass website describing where your LastPass data is stored. The link is here: http://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=425

Assuming that you are using Chrome in Windows Vista/7/8, then your LastPass data is located in this file: %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\databases\chrome-extension_hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd_0\ (Note that WinXP is different)

Here is a link explaining how to exclude items from CCleaner's analysis scan and cleaning list: http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/excluding-files,-folders,-and-registry-entries

First, you should open File Explorer, select "View", then check "Hidden Items". Next, start CCleaner, then select Options>Exclude>Add. Then select "Drive or Folder" and hit the browse button. At this point I'm guessing a bit due to the fact I don't have Chrome installed, but you should either start down the path C:\Users\Username\AppData (AppData is a hidden folder), or the path C:\Users\Default\AppData (Default is also a hidden folder). Just keep searching until you find the path containing \Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\databases, then click OK to save that file to the exclude list. Close CCleaner, then test your settings by saving one or two items in LastPass and running CCleaner again. Post back if what I've described doesn't work and we'll see what else can be done. Regards - Derek. 

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields