Cross fire does not show enabled

Meadowlark2014

On my new gaming computer with the operating system Windows 7 Ultimate I have a AMD 7850 and a 7870 graphics card. I have checked

and rechecked for proper connections, power cables and cross over bridge (dongle cable) connections. When setting as either crossfire

enabled or disabled using the AMD Catalyst, this programs shows the setting. Which ever way I have the crossfire setting, checking with

the Speccy program, the crossfire under the graphics section always shows disabled. Does anyone know if this is an error in the Speccy

program or is it because my graphic cards are not matched as a pair of say 7850 or a pair of say 7870 and Speccy does not recognize this?

I have checked another section of Speccy forum where I found another member as a similar problem. I mentioned this problem in that section

as well. Except for this issue, I am very satisfied with the Speccy program. I know crossfire enabled works using the AMD Catalyst as I am

unable to launch either Sniper Elite V2 or Sleeping Dogs with crossfire enabled. Disabling crossfire, both games will launch. Doing a search,

I found some games are not crossfire compatible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

maybe a Mod can move this into the correct thread as it's not a Recuva issue.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.