Data Recovery NTFS>FAT32 Format

Cliffg

I am new to forum and would like to ask or some advice. I have an external 3TB hard drive that was formatted as NTFS. I accidentally copied a Windows 8 recovery partition to this drive and as part of the process it reformantted it is FAT32. Obviously I cannot see any of the previous data.

Should it be possible to recover some of this data and if so would I need to format the drive again to NTFS?

Thanks for any advice.

Cliff

Hello Cliffg.

I am not a data recovery expert, but i exposed your case to a college of mine who works and specializes in data recovery. I won t guarantee you that he is 100% right, but he told me that you really have 2 option:

1- you go to a specialized company and of corse, pay for them to recover your data;

or;

2- you can use recuva, or really any othe similiar software to try to recover.

This last one can really be a "Hail Mary", since there is really no 100% guarantee that you can recover all data and at what state the data well be.

I am sorry but he didn t told me if you would have to reformatt to NTSF, maybe is not a very good professional????

I am sorry i couldn t be of more help.

Maybe one of the forum more expert member can give you a better answer and hopefully a better alternative.

Good luck.